Re: cinnamon pellets

"J. Mathew" <joanm2001@earthlink.net>
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:17:54 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
v103.n047.4
I'm guessing the "pellets" that your friend tasted were actually cinnamon
chips, which are like chocolate chips but flavored with cinnamon.  I've
purchased these at my local supermarket here in the U.S. -- they're usually
kept with the other baking chips.  You can also order these through King
Arthur Flour, I believe (http://www.kingarthurflour.com).

Joan

Harold Chapman wrote:
Harold Chapman <hchapman@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: cinnamon pellets
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:40:25 -0400

A friend of mine makes a variety of scones and bannocks. I am not sure why
he is not a bread baker but we are offering a joint class so maybe I will
convert him. He told me that he had once tasted a baked scone that had
cinnamon incorporated in tiny pellets (about BB size he said) and would
like to use the technique. Does anyone have any ideas about how this could
be done or where I could refer him for help?