Overnight Caramel Pull-Aparts

ATroi37324@aol.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 22:15:49 EDT
v103.n024.5
I made the Cinnabon recipe this weekend and divided the dough in half and
made half the recipe with Korintje cinnamon and half with Vietnamese
Cinnamon.  Both were delicious but I think the Vietnamese cinnamon was
slightly better.  It was expensive - I paid $5 for 1.20 oz. at Whole Foods.
I also took 1 cup of whipping cream and added 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and
poured it in 2 round pans and then set the cinnamon rolls over this.
Scrumptious, as if I needed to add even more calories.

I also made the Overnight Caramel Pull-Aparts (recipe follows) but used the
Cinnabon dough instead of using frozen bread dough called for in the
recipe. This recipe  also came out very good. But don't make the mistake I
made and divide the dough between 2 bundt pans.  All the top rolls were
falling off and out of the pan.  Luckily I had put the bundt pan over a
cookie sheet.  I also drizzled the top with Cream Cheese Frosting left over
from the Cinnabons.

Overnight Caramel Pull-Aparts

2 loaves (1 lb. each) frozen bread dough, thawed (I used Cinnabon dough recipe)
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4 cup butter, melted
3 5/8 oz (1 pkg) butterscotch pudding and pie filling (not instant)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Grease a 12 cup bundt pan. (I suggest for the Cinnabon recipe using 2 bundt
pans).  Cut each thawed loaf into 8 slices.  (I rolled out Cinnabon recipe
into 1/2 inch thick rectangle and cut rounds with a biscuit
cutter).  Combine sugar with cinnamon and nuts into small bowl.  Dip each
slice of dough into melted butter, then coat with cinnamon/sugar
mixture.  Stand slices upright in prepared pan.  (I just set rounds around
the pan and on top of each other).  Sprinkle any remaining cinnamon mixture
over rolls, then sprinkle with dry pudding mix.  Stir brown sugar into
remaining melted butter, pour over rolls.  Cover tightly with plastic wrap,
refrigerate several hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for
10 to 15 minutes.  (I just covered and let rise for about 40
minutes).  Bake in preheated 325 F oven for 35 to 40 minutes.  Invert onto
serving dish.  (I drizzled with Cream Cheese Frosting).

Rosemary