clean baking stones

"H. Chapman" <hchapman@uoguelph.ca>
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:41:01 -0500
v103.n017.10
To quote "lfc"
"Another thing for someone who might get stones and think they are supposed
to stay clean and unstained .... forget it ... learn to love the 'seasoned'
look as areas darken and they will become 'nonstick'.  I say this because
I'm a little obsessive and would scub and scrub to get them clean and
'pretty' again.   So silly of me! ---"

However if you DO want to clean a stone and have a self-cleaning oven leave
it in the oven during cleaning - I did so accidently, the stone turned
white and now I miss the seasoned look!

On another subject - on a visit to Connecticut I bought a bulk package of
Fleischman's instant yeast which I have been using with great success - but
do you think I can buy it in this small town. The irony is that it is made
in Canada.

Harold in Guelph, (near Toronto, pop 100,000,)