Help

"Margaret G. Cope" <mcope@surfglobal.net>
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:51:26 -0500
v103.n007.18
I make sour dough bread frequently with great success usually using Peter
Reinhart's directions.  Early this month I had a lot of firm starter and so
I put some into well oiled baggies and into the freezer.  I removed one two
days ago.  Let it warm up in the refrig and when it was thawed proceeded to
make the final dough.  Disaster.  No rise.  So I put it away in the
refrigerator and will experiment by taking a bit and refreshing it and see
if I can resuscitate it.

Anybody have any thoughts on what went wrong?

Also what is the advice about purchasing a not too expensive scale that
weighs ounces, grams etc?