Bread knives or don't get sticker shock...

"Tom Burnside" <tbside@earthlink.net>
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:09:17 -0800
v103.n005.5
Hi!

Way and far better than any of the "boutique" knife makes I've used are the
serrated bread knives available at restaurants and chef supply stores. Two
brand names are Monogram and Russell, they made of high carbon stainless
steel. The Monogram has a 8" (20cm) blade.  The Russell has an 11" (26cm)
blade.  They cost less than US$15.00.  We alternate from liking paper thin
slices to slabs and both of these knives work like a charm.

Fear not, if your serrated knives ever needs sharpening there is a magic
gadget available called "AccuSharp" made by Franklin Machine Products.