SAF instant yeast CORRECTION...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Tarheel Boy)
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:15:18 -0500 (EST)
v103.n005.4
I recently wrote:  "This is for Sandy Krause: I think you will find that
you can use less SAF instant yeast than regular active dry yeast. This is
because more of the yeast cells are alive in the instant yeast. When a
recipe calls for a package of active dry yeast, I have been using one
rounded tablespoon of instant with excellent results. With less yeast and a
longer rise, I get great structure and taste in my breads."

Hoo boy!  When I goof, I really goof.  I meant to write one rounded
teaspoon instead of tablespoon.  Thanks, Fredricka, for catching my error.

Bob the Tarheel Baker