Bread Dry when Baked in Machine compared to Baked in Oven

Robert Turnbull <rturnbul@speakeasy.net>
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:02:12 -0500
v103.n004.11
I've got a West Bend two pound horizontal loaf bread machine. A while back
I had a short power interruption and had to finish the bread in the oven.
It turned out much better than normal - much more moist. I had baked the
bread at 345 F for 35 minutes. The machine normally bakes for about an
hour. Suppose the improvement in the bread is due to the shorter hotter
bake time. Since that time I've been using the machine's dough cycle and
baking the bread in the oven.

Is this a problem with all bread machines or do some machines have a
shorter hotter bake cycle?