Keeping unsalted butter

"Susannah Ayres-Thomas" <sthomas3@wi.rr.com>
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:22:14 -0500
v102.n044.15
One person mentioned that he bought salted butter because of its keeping
properties.  While it's true that salted butter does keep longer, it's also
possible to keep unsalted for a greater period of time simply by freezing
it--I do this all the time, because I stock up when there's a good sale on
butter.  If you take the precaution of putting the butter, still in its
original packaging, in a zippy bag or a tightly sealed plastic container
(so it doesn't pick up odors), it will keep for up to six months in your
refrigerator freezer, and even longer in a deep freeze.

Also, in response to the person who asked for avoirdupois to metric
conversions on liquids, water in specific, a teaspoon is 5 milliliters, a
Tablespoon is 15mL, an ounce 30mL, a cup is approximately 240mL.  And, as a
milliliter of water weighs exactly 1 gram, those conversions are not at all
difficult--it's one-for-one.