Quick bread

Jack Elliott <edieell@worldnet.att.net>
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:25:07 -0400
v102.n042.19
On occasion I see quick bread recipes posted.  It is quite obvious most are
into yeast breads however, some may wish to try this quick bread.  I'm sure
you will find the product different but with a pretty good taste.

This recipe was given to me by a neighbor who received it from a retired
collage professor.  Maybe we should name it "The Professors Bread".

Chocolate Cornbread

In a large bowl combine:
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
3 or 4 ounce package Jello instant pudding (chocolate is best, other flavor OK)

Combine all of the above and mix well.

In another bowl beat:
2 eggs
3/4 cup apple sauce
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat well then add to the dry mixture and mix until blended.  Add 3/4 cup
chocolate bits and 1/2 cup nuts, I prefer pecan pieces.  Mix well.

Bake in a greased and floured 8-inch X 8-inch Pyrex pan in a preheated 375
degree F oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in pan before slicing as one
would Brownies.

Hope you like this product, give it a try!

Jack in Roanoke