the loss of a dough blade

Cliff Shettler <shettler@jps.net>
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:30:59 -0500
v102.n042.3
I found your site and I'm wondering if you can give me some advice.

My neighbor gave me his Welbilt bread machine, barely used, and I was so
thrilled.  I baked one delicious loaf of  bread.  My father-in-law was
visiting and he proceeded to toss the dough blade in the trash.  We
didn't realize this until our garbage had already been collected.

I've called the obvious suspects (the manufacturer, out of business;
Williams Sonoma, where my neighbor bought it, no luck; culinary parts
suppliers, no luck).

Is there any hope or do I have to throw the whole machine out?

Thanks so much for taking the time for this,

Sincerely,  Sandy

[[ Editor's note:  It's been about a year since this was last posted and
several people have asked recently.  So here is the Welbilt
information.  -- Reggie ]]

Here is some useful information on obtaining customer service, parts and
literature.  This is from http://www.enodis.com/breadmaker.html

"Please be advised that several years ago Welbilt Corporation sold its
consumer appliance division to:

Appliance Corporation of America
P.O. Box 220709
Great Neck
New York 11021
1-800-872-1656

and is no longer responsible for the manufacture and warranty of the
Bread Machine, or any other household appliance licensed under
Welbilt's name.

Appliance Corporation of America will be happy to assist you and
answer your consumer appliance questions. Please contact customer
service at

For further information:
Phone: 1-800-872-1656 (Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM EST),
or email:

Cecilia Jones,
Customer Service Manager
<cjones@applianceco.com>

For Welbilt small appliance PARTS and LITERATURE, and MANUALS contact:

Tritronics Inc.
1306 Continental Dr.
Abingdon, MD. 21009
1-410-676-7300 (extension "6" for parts)
    (Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM EST)
Fax 1-800-888-3293

ONLINE PARTS ORDERING: http://www.tritronicsinc.com/aca.html

We regret that neither Enodis plc nor Welbilt Corporation will be able
to help with any questions you may have relating to these products.

Copyright (c) 2000 Enodis plc except where explicitly stated
otherwise.  All rights reserved."