RE: Alfred Bakeware

"Leigh Davisson" <leighd@attglobal.net>
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 07:47:40 -0700
v102.n035.7
 > Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:24:19 -0400

 > In a previous post by someone (whom I can't remember) was a web site for
 > the Alfred Bakeware.  The site is <http://www.tuffyceramics.com>.  The
 > products, which were developed at the Ceramic Engineering program at Alfred
 > University are all ceramic, and have very good release properties.  I
 > purchased a standard bread pan, and am very pleased.

 > Larry Klevans

Yes, I love their pans, too.  Such a great texture from loaf pans.   I
recently bought the long, thin La Cloche from King Arthur, and baked a loaf
of struan in that.  It rose right to the top of the lid, and because of the
clay the entire crust was so crunchy and a very nice shade of brown.  It
worked well, too.  The bread was longer and narrower than your typical loaf
pan; great pan.  Both of those pans take significantly longer to bake,
though, and now that our temperatures are hovering in the 100 degree area,
the oven is closed for a few days.  ;-)

Leigh