Yeast question

Linnellga@aol.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:42:43 EST
v102.n005.15
Joy Alexander asked about the seemingly small yeast requirement in the
recipes from her new Better Homes and Gardens Best Bread Machine Recipes
book.  I also felt that 1 teaspoon of yeast for a 1 1/2-pound loaf seemed
small when I first acquired this book.  However, I have tried many of the
recipes exactly as written, and they have all turned out very well--so
well, in fact, that I bought another copy of the book and gifted it to the
friend who convinced me to purchase a bread machine.  Perhaps I should
mention that the yeast I use is simply bulk yeast from my food co-op.

Gloria