Four Seasons with the Bread Machine Baker

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:23:56 -0800
v101.n054.1
This is the new book by Elizabeth Harbison that I mentioned last week. It's
a real hit here in our household.

The recipes are nearly all for breads with textures and flavors added -
fruits, nuts, cheeses, spices, jams, and on and on. Over 130 recipes
divided into savory and sweet and by the season of the year. Many are dairy
free. The recipes are for a one pound loaf in the bread machine.

We made the Cranberry Pumpkin Bread and this Toasted Sesame Bread. Both
were extremely good.

Reggie & Jeff
                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                      Toasted Sesame Bread (Dairy-Free)

Recipe By     : Elizabeth Harbison
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Breads
                  Dairy Free

     1 1/4  C             Water
     3      Tbsp          Olive Oil
     2      C             Bread Flour
     1      C             Whole Wheat Flour
     3      Tbsp          Wheat Germ
     2      Tsp           Salt
     1      Tbsp          Sugar
       1/3  C             Sesame Seeds -- Toasted
     2      Tsp           Yeast

Toast the sesame seeds by placing them in one layer on a cookie sheet and
baking at 350 F for about 7 minutes.

Add the ingredients to your machine according to the manufacturer's
insturctions. Bake on a regular, light or rapid cycle.

This recipe may be prepared on a timed cycle.

This makes a very dense, tasty loaf.

  From "Four Seasons with the Bread Machine Baker" by Elizabeth M. Harbison,
ISBN 0-517-16298-9