Bosch mixers

"CJFredrick" <cjfredrick@home.com>
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:20:29 -0500
v101.n048.13
This is in reply to Mike concerning Bosch mixers.

Hi Mike,
     While I can't give you any info on the newer Bosch, I CAN tell you that
I have had one for over 20 years.  I have used it extensively, it has fallen
from the counter while it was kneading (I accidentally had it on HIGH) onto
a tile floor, and is still going strong.  Have never had to have it
repaired. Oh, the plastic cover ring broke when it fell, and I had to
replace that.  The Germans are unequalled, IMHO, with their engineering and
quality of products.  I almost wish this one would finally give up the ghost
so I would have an excuse to buy a new one.
     Kitchen Aid cannot begin to compare to the sturdiness of the Bosch.  KA
is highly overrated, but that might be because it is the one most advertised
and seems to be on the shelves in most stores.  It cannot handle the amount
of dough that the Bosch can without it severely compromising the motor, and
the Bosch can also do large amounts of cookie dough in addition to the bread
dough.  The blender that comes with it is superior to any I have tried, and
it also has wonderful attachments that can slice and shred many items.
     I'm sure you would get the same praise from other Bosch owners.  Good
luck.
     CindyF.