wheat kernels

"Carlton" <carlton@wave.net>
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:21:38 -0700
v101.n045.4
I just responded to a query from Charlie and Lori requesting information on
wheat kernels and decided that others may be interested in this information.

For the past ten years I have been using "Prairie Gold hard white spring
wheat" produced by the Folkvord family in Three Forks, MT. -
www.wheatmontana.com. 406-285-3614. It has a protein content of 17.3. White
wheat is called "sweet wheat" because the bran does not have that bitter
taste found in hard red wheat. Also your bread will be lighter in color
than that made from red wheat which often is more acceptable to the younger
generation. If you are interested I am sure that they will tell you where
you can find their product in your vacinity.

Good baking!!
Dick Carlton, Brookings, OR