Thanks to all recipe testers

"Peter and Susan Reinhart" <s.reinhart@prodigy.net>
Wed, 23 May 2001 09:14:50 -0400
v101.n027.2
Dear All,
    Just want to give you an update and a general round of thanks to everyone
from the list who helped test recipes for my upcoming book. The title has
officially been changed to, "The Bread Baker's Apprentice" (Ten Speed
Press). The working title had been, "Deconstructing Bread" but we wisely
chose the new title and the book is scheduled to be available by November.
Yesterday we finished the last of the instructional photos and the book
should have well over 100 color photos. It's been a long process,
complicated by me injuring my leg (torn muscle and tendon) playing softball
two days before we were scheduled to begin the photography, but somehow we
pulled it off (I'm off the crutches and on the road to full recovery, no
surgery needed thankfully, but my baseball career is now officially over!).
I had promised and hoped to send out a second round of recipes for testing
but then got totally overwhelmed with the final editing and corrections so,
for those waiting for the next recipe, please forgive me--going over the
manuscript again and again was gruelling. I incorporated all of the
corroborated recipe adjustments, reported by the over 100 participants
(every recipe had at least 2 or 3 testers), and want you all to know what a
fabulous contribution you made to the final manuscript. I will list you all
in the acknowledgements.
     This list has been the best possible resource, thank you Reggie and Jeff
for creating it; where else could I have found over 100 bread fanatics
willing to test some rather challenging formulas and then fill out a lengthy
questionaire? I hope other authors realize what a gold mine of talent and
experience exists in this group and invite you to help with their books.
Again, thank you to all the testers, including those who gave me some great
editorial advice as well, and I hope you enjoy the final fruits of our
collective effort. Ten Speed Press is pulling out all the stops and
committing a lot of resources to make this a special book, and I couldn't
have pulled it off without your help.
    In Gratitude,
    Peter Reinhart