Bread Machine Sour Dough Bread

"The Milligan's" <res00iyn@gte.net>
Sun, 20 May 2001 17:59:38 -0700
v101.n026.2
I have a very simple recipe for sour dough bread that will not rise.  It is
from the book, The Best Low-Fat, No-Sugar Bread Machine Cookbook Ever by
Madge Rosenberg.

This recipe is perfect for me, as it has absolutely no sugar in it.  In
normal circumstances I realize that sugar assists the yeast to rise.
However this recipe had no sugar.  I assumed the recipe was balanced to
take care of this problem.

I am putting the water, sourdough starter, and the salt together and bring
it up to 100 F.  I then add the flour to the liquid, make a well in the
flour and pour in the yeast.  I then begin the bread cycle.

Recipe:

1 1/2 tsp     Yeast
1 tsp         Salt
3 Cups        Bread Flour
3/4 Cup       Sourdough Starter
3/4 Cup       Water

I am really desperate to get this recipe to work because I cannot find a
bread on the grocery shelves with zero sugar.  Thanks for any help you can
give me.

Leana Milligan
Res00iyn@gte.net