Re: sourdough starter

"Alan Jackson" <ajackson@oplnk.net>
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:41:59 -0500
v101.n022.18
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:24:29 -0700  Donald L Thacker wrote:

> You commented that you use your sourdough starter for
> pancakes. Would you mind sharing a recipe. I tried it but could
> never get the right consistency and flavor.  Thanks Kitchen
> Kommander

This was one of the first things I ever got off the internet. It was
back in the pre-web days, around 1990. I got it off a gopher server at
the University in Kent. I thought at the time that that was
exceptionally cool.  Now no one even remembers gopher! (For those who
don't, it was a sort of very crude, text based, webish file search
system)

Sourdough Pancakes

1 cup flour
1 cup sourdough starter
1 egg
2 tbl oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbl sugar

You may need to adjust the liquid to get your preferred consistency.

--
| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| alan@ajackson.org          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |