sticky buns for Shanda

"Pedro S. Arellano III" <psa3@qwest.net>
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:11:06 -0600
v101.n016.25
This Recipe is for Shanda she asked for a "Really good, gooey,
fingerlicking, don't-even-talk-to-me-about-calories, STICKY BUNS?!"
recipe.  Well here it is.  I would like to put a disclaimer on these I only
make them 2 or 3 times a year. If you made them any more than that the
chances of Cardiac Arrest are more than I care to tackle.  You may want to
invite you pastor/priest over when you make these.  They are Devilish, I
mean straight demonic.  Enough said, here is the recipe.

I adapted this from "The Coffee Book" by Christie and Thomas Katona

"Best Ever Cinnamon Rolls"

Dough:

2 tbs. active dry yeast
1/4 C. lukewarm water
1 1/2 C. buttermilk
3 tbs.+dash sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 Cup of Butter melted and cooled
   (1 stick, this is one of the demonic elements)
4 1/2 C. flour divided
   (I recommend bread flour since there is so much butter and sugar,
all   purpose will not rise as well.)

Add yeast to lukewarm water along with dash sugar to proof.  Combine
buttermilk, sugar, salt, soda and cooled butter in a bowl.  When the yeast
has proved itself add to ingredients in bowl along with 2 C. of the flour
beat very well.  Slowly add more flour till it is too tough to mix by
hand.  turn out and knead till it is smooth.  Place in a clean oiled bowl
to rise 15 minutes.

Filling:

3/4 C. butter melted (more demons)
2 C. brown sugar
   (Please don't make this more than 4 times a year I don't want to take
responsibility for anyone's death.)
2 tsp. cinnamon
zest of one orange

Combine filling ingredients.  Roll Dough out on a lightly floured surface
into a rectangle bout 10x18 in.  Spread filling on dough.  Roll up
lengthwise (you should have a roll 18 in. long when you are done). Cut into
12 pieces 1 1/2 in. each (I use dental floss to cut them trust me).  Place
cut side up in a buttered 9x13 in. pan.  Let rise 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400F.  Bake rolls for 10 to 15 (I bake them from 15 to 20),
until golden brown.  Turn upside down onto a serving platter.  Glaze if
desired.  Serve warm.

Glaze:

4 oz. butter
1 package cream cheese
2 C. powdered sugar
juice of 2 oranges (freshly squeezed is a solar system apart from
pre-made oj in this recipe)

Combine butter and cream cheese until creamy add powdered sugar.  Add
FRESHLY squeezed oj until it is the consistency desired and enjoy.

These are too good for words.  Enjoy.

P.S. Please eat responsibly