review - video

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:33:09 -0800
v101.n016.23
Well, I also watched

Perfect Bread
Fun With Creative Shapes
by Betsy Oppenneer

and this is just as good as her video of How To Conquer Bread Baking.  I
was very impressed at how clearly she explains how to easily shape
doughs.  I have always been very intimidated making braids and this
explains it so clearly that I don't know why I haven't tried it
before.  She covers many varieties of rolls ... her cloverleaf roll method
is very interesting ... she also includes ropes, breadsticks, wreathes and
braids.  There are 30 varieties of the above shapes and even the
explaination on how to glaze sweet bread.  Another thing that really
impressed me was the ease of locating a certain shape that you want to
learn about ... go to the time listed on the back of the video and then
just fast forward to that time on the vcr.  This is a treasure of a video.

Here is another review from Leigh:

 >My only complaint is that there were
 >so many ideas that I will NEVER remember them all.  I did have some bread
 >dough running while watching the video, and ended up doing her eight braid
 >bread; beautiful.  She also had some useful tips on how to form the ropes
 >and letting them relax a few seconds to get them to cooperate.  I will watch
 >it again as soon as I have the chance.

 >Leigh
Leigh Davidson <leighd@attglobal.net>

I think this is a very well thought out and put together video.  There are
so many varieties of shapes that it would take you almost a month to make
them all.  I was again impressed with Betsy's ease of communication via
this tape and how easy she makes the shapes.  I especially like the timing
on the back of both tapes so I can go to a particular time and get exactly
what I want to learn.

I definitely recommend this tape and also her other one.  You can go to
Betsy's website www.breadworksinc.com to purchase both of her video's and
book.  I definitely recommend all of these!!

Good job Betsy!!

Reggie