Commercial ranges and ovens

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 07:49:23 -0800
v101.n002.12
You do need a high output hood over a commercial range.
I certainly would not recommend placing a microwave over it because they
should not be subjected to the high temps.
My range specifically stated that NOTHING other than a high temp hood
(Stainless steel)  should be within 36 inches of the cooktop.  I had a
copper hood which had to be removed and replaced by the SS because the
brazing between the copper panels would not take the heat.  The wall
behind the stove had to be lined with firewall material and I also had
the flooring replaced with quarry tile under and in front of the stove.

Get a themometer and attach it to your microwave and check the
temperature when you are using the stove.

Oh yes, my hood had a grease filter in it which had to be changed about
every 6 months to prevent fires.  You would be astonished at how much
grease that thing would contain.

I know the Wolf range people are very careful about instructing buyers
about the preparation for installing one of their ranges in a
residential kitchen.  I am surprized that your Viking vendor did not
give you this information.

--
Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON Basenjis,Teafer,Cheesy,Singer & Player
asenji@earthlink.net    So. Calif. USA   "In the face of adversity, be