Semolina for bread

Yvonne58@aol.com
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 08:58:58 EST
v101.n002.1
Hi, all!

Question:  I tried making semolina bread with a recipe I found online.  The
bread was dense & heavy.  I have bought semolina bread at a local store that
is light, crusty & open-textured (but packaged, and I want fresh).  My
question is, are semolina flour for bread and semolina for pasta two
different animals?  I have the sneaking suspicion this is so, but would
appreciate any information.  The recipe I used did not call for a starter,
I'd imagine this would this make a difference?  Many thanks for help on my
journey of discovery!

Yvonne