oster machine

"Kathy" <theys@evansville.net>
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 22:07:43 -0600
v100.n076.17
More on Oster bread machines.  My first was an Oster, husband bought it
because of the reputation and the one-year guarantee.  I did need it.  Had
to send it back after 2 months, it simply died.  Waited for months to hear,
got the same run-around, UPS tracking # and all that,  finally after much
complaining and waiting, I got a reconditioned machine.  Well, this second
one lasted no longer and when I requested a refund was told, "No
problem"  So I sent back the second machine only to wait and then be told
they never received it.  I had to make a lot of noise and huge phone bill
before I received a refund.  I promptly ordered the older Zo from KA and
have been a happy camper evermore.  Between the two Osters I didn't have a
machine 8 months and I would not buy another.  I like my Zo but wish it was
programmable.  Guess I'll wait for it to die.  Do they ever????  I mainly
mix in it, then free form the dough and bake in the oven.  Which brings me
to ovens.  I read a post about gas ovens.  I can't respond to gas, but
here's a kudo for Maytag.  I got a new Gemini last year and absolutely love
it.  The small upper oven heats to 400 in 4 minutes, I kid you not!!! I
love the flexibility of 2 ovens without the space limitation.  Since kids
have left, the small oven is perfect for frozen convenience foods.  Cookie
baking is a snap, with dual timers too, and it was nice to have another
oven while the turkey was cooking on Thanksgiving.  I strongly recommend
the Maytag Gemini if you want electric.

Kathy