Re: KitchenAid replacements

"Lorna Noble" <lnoble@ecosse.net>
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:29:42 +0000
v100.n075.3
 >Folks, I need your help.  A little over two years ago I purchased a
 >KitchenAid 4 1/2 quart mixer for the purpose of dough kneading.

 >Anyhow, on to my present dilemma.  I want to buy a heavy duty dough
 >kneading machine.  At this time cost is not an issue.

 >I'm presently considering the Kenwood KM800, the Magic Mill DLX-2000, and
 >the Bosch.

Hi Don,

We have a Kenwood 230.  It's about 8 years old and still going strong. It
copes with 3lb of bread flour in a mix, and is still OK with a single batch
of pizza dough (8oz).  The machine is 650 watts and has the option of all
sorts of other useful gadgets.

I don't have the strength to knead bread, and when I'm making sourdough I
can't get it off my fingers, so it's a real plus.

Hope that's of some use.

--
Lorna Noble
Strathbungo