Breadman Ultimate

Steve Hayden <steve.hayden@wright.edu>
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:49:55 -0500
v100.n074.26
<<Gene Haldas <haldas@nettally.com> >> Wrote:

<<
I've been baking my bread for many years by hand. A couple months ago I
purchased a Breadman Ultimate. The bread comes out very satisfactory and
sure takes the work out of baking bread. I do have a question. The crust
comes out rather light even with the dark crust setting. Is there a way to
get the crust darker? Today I added 7 minutes to the baking time and it
still wasn't dark enough. The bread otherwise is very good. Any suggestions?

I have just the opposite problem. I have "The Bread Machine" by Welbilt. This
is my second machine, my first being a DAK. The Welbilt has no color control.
If I use one tablespoon of sugar in a 1 1/2 pound loaf the crust is very
dark. If I use more 3-tablespoons, I have to trim the crust before eating
the bread.

I am looking for a Breadman Ultimate. I have only be able to find it on the
WEB at about $230. That seems a lot.

[[Direct from Breadman for $169 on the www.breadman.com site ... Reggie]]

Steve

Steve Hayden                         Wright State University
steve.hayden@wright.edu        Electronics Shop
(937) 775-2554  (voice)            077 Brehm Lab
(937) 775-3807  (fax)               3640 Col Glenn Hwy
www.eshop.wright.edu            Dayton  OH  45435