Pizza off the peel

"Carolyn Hollenbeck" <cahollenbeck@worldnet.att.net>
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:09:49 -0500
v100.n069.11
This message is for Barbara Schmitt and Judy Mayberry regarding making
pizza.

If you sprinkle the peel well with corn meal before you put the dough on,
you'll be able to slide the pizza right off the peel onto a hot stone.  The
result is a great pizza.

When preparing pizza, I sprinkle my peel with corn meal and then place my
circle of dough onto the peel.  Next I gently shake the peel  to check that
the dough  will move easily.  If you notice any sticking, you can easily
lift the dough and add more corn meal.  Then go ahead and add you sauce and
goodies of your choice. Open the oven and with a quick jerk slide the pizza
off the peel onto the stone.  I think that you'll be happy with the results.

I make lots of pizza and this always works for me.  Yellow corn meal is my
preference.  Also, my favorite recipe for pizza dough is from Carlo
Middione's book, THE FOOD OF SOUTHERN ITALY.  If you're interested in this
recipe I can post it here.

Good luck!!

Carolyn