almond flavor

alexandra mahoney <alexmotown@prodigy.net>
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:33:39 -0400 (EDT)
v100.n067.2
I love sweet breads with almond flavoring and would like to have some such
recipes under my best.  Does anyone have a tasty loaf using almond paste in
particular?  Or recommend any improvisational ways of using it?  Pairing
almond and raspberry or cherry is particularly tasty.  Any other
suggestions are welcome.

On a separate note, I wanted to recommend a good book on artisan bread
baking called "Amy's Bread," written by owners of an NYC bakery.  It has
lots of detailed explanation about technique, texture and flavor, and its
photos are particularly inspirational!  I have only made the easier recipes
from the book, but love good crusty Italian bread and recipe for the
wand-style loaf in this book is very good.  Can anyone else comment on
their experience with the book?

Alexandra M.