clean pizza stones

Bob dempsey <rdempsey@dialaccess.com>
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:31:50 -0500
v100.n059.19
Try putting it in your oven and run the oven clean cycle.  Know at
least  one case where it cleaned the thing like new.  And if it works, tell
your friend you spent days cleaning it!!!

Sadly, my aunt just threw out a very nice one because it had gotten some
black marks on it!  Ugh!

----------------

I'm hoping someone out there will have a way to help with this:  The father
of a good friend of mine used one of my stoneware pizza rounds, and
unfortunately he sprayed it with oil (I guess to help the dough not stick).
Does anyone have a way I can get the oil off?  He also put it in a
dishwasher.  The stoneware looks glazed now.  It still bakes ok, I just don't
get the same results I did pre-greasing.  Any help or ideas?  Many thanks!

Robert Dempsey

Home: RDEMPSEY@DIALACCESS.COM
Work:  ROBERT.C.DEMPSEY1@JSC.NASA.GOV

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.  - Oscar Wilde

Check me out on:  http://www.dialaccess.com/rdempsey/bob_main.html
and at:  http://quest.nasa.gov/space (Space Team Online)