The origin of "rannygazoo"

SloSherri@aol.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:24:08 EDT
v100.n057.9
Hey, Sherri!  What's a "rannygazoo?"
            Bob the Tarheel Baker

Dear Bob,

LOL!  Your question was the first thing I saw on this week's digest, and it
just cracked me up.  There is a British author, P.G. Wodehouse, who was born
in the 1880's, and who died in the 1970's.  He wrote hysterically funny short
stories and novels, at least in my opinion, as well as the book on many
broadway shows.  Nearly all of his books and stories were about the Brits,
and the character he wrote about that just about everyone is familiar with is
Jeeves, the butler.  Anyway, his characters would occasionally say something
along the lines of, "Enough of that rannygazoo," and I just loved the
expression and appropriated it.  I use it, as did he, in place of "nonsense."
  I doubt there's a real definition anywhere, but isn't it great?!  It really
says it all!

Sherri