value of King Arthur Baking Sheet offer

alexandra mahoney <alexmotown@prodigy.net>
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 10:27:06 -0400 (EDT)
v100.n056.5
To Robin91783@aol.com who wanted to know if she should spent $100 at King
Arthur in order to get the baking sheet offer.  I have not received the
Baking Sheet, so I cannot answer your question exactly.  However, I wanted
to share that I just had the opportunity to stop by the lovely King Arthur
store in Norwich, Vermont and glazedly wandered the floor by myself
observing all the objects that I glazedly stare at in the catalog.  No,
nothing was a bit cheaper.  I saved some money to spend on this little trip;
of course, I had no problem finding items to buy.  However, I did limit
myself to items I've only seen in their catalog;  anything that could be
purchased elsewhere was stricken from the list.  They are sooo expensive!  I
got things like the odd-sized measuring cups and plastic bags for packaging
baking goods and some baking ingredients.  Many of the supplies, as in pots
and pans and utensils, are much cheaper in something like the Sweet
Celebrations catalog, which is the name of the former Maid of Scandinavia.
This catalog has excellent baking chocolate, a bazillion cookie cutters,
cake decorating paraphernalia, and all kinds of equipment. So my advice, if
you are the frugal sort, is don't buy something you'll wander past in a
store and see for half the price of what you paid at King Arthur's!
AMahoney