[no subject]

Madeleine M Lowery <loweryhome@juno.com>
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 16:23:19 -0500
v100.n049.11
Thanks to everyone who responded to my queries about how to cut into hard
crusted sourdoughs and about the building of outdoor ovens. I have since
come across a few  web sites that  I found helpful for one like myself,
just a little old home baker, that I am happy to pass on:

www.mha-net.org/msb/html/bakoven.htm   (this  is a site about masonry ovens
with a tremendous  number of links);

www.home.aone.net.au/elhorno/explore.htm   (this  site is by a woman in
Australia who built an adobe oven like the ones she remembered from her
youth in Argentina);

www.home.pacbell.net/anielsen/oven.html   (this records the building of an
adobe oven according to plans printed in Sunset Magazine, Aug. 1998, which
seem to be very similar to the plans by Bernard Clayton in his  New
Complete Book of Breads).

I hope this info may be helpful to any of you bakers, who, as the
competition between the air conditioner and the oven is driving the
electric bills sky high, are being tempted by the adventure of building an
oven outdoors.

Madeleine
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.