za'atar source

Haacknjack@aol.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:56:16 EDT
v100.n045.7
You'll not be surprised (if you have been following my loyal correspondence)
to learn that The Spice House offers (VERY FRESH) za'atar.  They also have
varieties of seeds for bread baking (black caraway/charnushka, "regular"
caraway, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc. etc.) and just about a total list of
herbs and spices.  Dried garlic four ways ... chili peppers 10 strengths ...
If I sound like a fan ... well ... BUSTED!!  It's a nice family-centered
business (Tom and Patty essentially ARE the business, and the personal touch
is very welcome in our electronic world).  Their website is
www.thespicehouse.com and they have a very comprehensive printed catalogue
with lots of additional information and some recipes.  The website links to
somewhere else for relevant recipes too.  Give them a try ... if you're
ready for a new addiction!