Trash Bags for Bread Dough

"Mark Judman" <Mark_Judman@colpal.com>
Sun, 28 May 2000 11:47:32 -0400
v100.n045.6
Peter Reinhart made an excellent-sounding suggestion regarding using
retarding (refrigerator rising) to improve pizza and focaccia.  However he
said, "place the sheet pan [with the dough on it] into a plastic trash bag,
seal the bag," about which I have some concerns.  The trash bags I buy all
have warnings on the box saying that they're not intended for food use.  I
think the reason (without being either a chemist or toxicologist, etc.) is
that the plastics they're made out of have ingredients that are either
harmful, or at best, not determined to be food-safe.  Without knowing more
about their safety I'd suggest putting the dough into a normal food-safe
storage bag.

Mark Judman <Mark_Judman@colpal.com>