Rye bread recipe(s)

Audrey Konie <2ofts@bigsky.net>
Fri, 12 May 2000 23:07:10 -0600
v100.n041.6
I have tried so many rye bread recipes that I've lost count.  I wonder
if anyone has a recipe for a "Baltic" type of rye bread or a Jewish rye
loaf.  Living in Missoula, MT there is no source for "store-bought" rye
that even comes close to what I was able to purchase when I lived in
Chicago.  The bread is usually slightly on the coarse side, quite heavy
and has a dark brown, shiny but pliable crust and the bread has a lovely
smell when sliced into.  It is an ideal to serve with hearty winter
soups or stews.  If you can help me out, please post it.

Thanks,
Audrey Konie