Lora Brody's answer to Cindy's King Arthur newsletter question

Blanche007@aol.com
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:49:13 EDT
v100.n036.3
 >From: "Cindy" <phaggert@n-link.com>
 >Subject: baking newsletters
 >Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 00:35:59 -0500

 >Does anyone (or has anyone) subscribe to King Arthur's "The Baking Sheet"
 >newsletter??  Any comments good or bad about the newsletter?  Would you
 >recommend it to others?

 >Anybody a member of Lora Brody's Baking Club & getting her newsletter??  Any
 >comments?  Would you recommend it?  I'm thinking about joining Lora Brody's
 >because I value her expertise.

 >Thanks to those who care to comment!

 >Cindy
 >Central Texas

Dear Cindy,
The Kng Arthur Baking sheet is written by among others P.J. Hamel and Brinna
Sands.  I can't think of two more knowledgeable, experienced and generous
bakers.  I've subscribed to the Baking Sheet since the very first issue came
out. I've saved every issue and refer to them constantly when I write or do
research on recipes.  P.J. is not only a wonderful writer, but has the
ability to inspire and encourage you to get into the kitchen and start to
bake.  Brinna's stories about her far flung family, her Vermont musings and
the things she holds near to her heart are like reading dessert. To be in the
test kitdhens at King Arthur when those recipes are being developed and
tested is a quick trip to heaven.  In the issue of full disclosure, P.J. has
become one of my dearest friends (met years ago through the 'bread
connection).  We teach together - (in France this October), she's the first
person I turn to when I can't answer one of my reader's questions, and I've
dedicated my new baking book to her.
As far as my newsletter, the best I can offer is to email you (or anyone else
who would like) one of the first issues.
Rise and shine!  Lora Brody
ps Thanks for the nice words - it means a lot of hear that you value my
expertise.

I'm going to mainland China in May to visit my kids.  I'm going to be on the
look out for bread and baked goods that haven't yet been imported to the US.
 From any of you who have traveled there any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.