Re: Ed Wood and Sourdough care

CLRob99@aol.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:04:24 EST
v100.n027.16
Unfortunately Ed's book doesn't come WITH the starter, so the additional
purchase considerably adds to your initial investment - still a good buy for
a rewarding hobby though! The pamphlet that comes with his starters is pretty
bare bones if you've never done sourdough before. An excellent Internet site
was mentioned recently on the daily bread list. I went there and the
sourdough section should be VERY helpful if you don't have Ed's or another
book, and maybe even if you do:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab/bethsbread/FrontPage.html

The www.breadrecipe.com site's section on sourdough is definitely not for
purists. It seems like every recipe there calls for adding commercial yeast
to your sourdough product, a practice I find pointless - a waste of starter!

Char