cornmeal/flour shakers

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:37:07 -0800
v100.n027.10
Mary B  said she used an empty spice jar for shaking
cornmeal, flour, etc.

I use quart jars topped with  mesh lids I got in a health
food store  for  sprouting jars.
the mesh is fairly fine,  just the right size to insure an
even dusting of flour.
I also have a jar with rice flour which I sprinkle on top of
some breads just before baking.
a pint jar with same top holds powdered sugar  -  another
one holds a cinnamon/sugar mixture I use in baking (and
sprinkling on apples for pies and tarts, etc.)
for storage, I cover the jar tops with  Saran wrap secured
with a rubber band.

--
Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON
Basenjis,Teafer,Cheesy,Singer & Player