soft pretzels

Robin91783@aol.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:44:51 EST
v100.n017.10
 > Does any one have a pretzel recipe that could come close?  We've tried
 >  every recipe we could find, and none can compare.  Maybe somebody on this
 >  list knows something we don't know........Thanks in advance for your
 >  help!!!
 >  We love those soft pretzels-----Kathy in IN

this is a recipe I have used, came from the local newspaper when they used to
print good recipes;) hope this helps

Russell's Soft Pretzels

1 package dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups flour
Kosher salt & one beaten egg, optional

dissolve yeast in warm water & add sugar, salt, flour. decide the dough into
approximately 16 parts. shape each part into a pretzel & place on lightly
greased cookie sheet. If desired, brush tops with egg & sprinkle on kosher
salt. Bake for 14 minutes in a 425F oven.