Re: Bread Bowls

MissAnneR@aol.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:35:37 EST
v100.n017.8
Wanted to share another bread bowl recipe that I got from one of those
small cookbooks you pickup at the checkout counter in the grocery store.
These are very light and take no time to mix up. I make them ahead of time
and them stack them between sheets of wax paper and put them in a zip-lock
bag and freeze. Can take them out as you need them. Great with chili or
beef stew. I just put the recipe into my MasterCook program ... let's see
if I can copy it from there. Enjoy.

Anne

* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Parmesan Bread bowls

Recipe By     :Betty Crocker  Soup, Chili & Bread
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread

   2 1/4    teaspoons  yeast
    1/4     cup  warm water
    2        tablespoons  sugar
    1/4     cup  shortening
    3        cups  flour -- all-purpose
    3        teaspoons  baking powder
    3/4     teaspoon  salt
    1/3     cup  Parmesan cheese
   1        cup  buttermilk

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in sugar; set aside. Cut shortening into
flour, baking powder, salt and cheese in large bowl, using pastry blender or
crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in yeast
mixture and just enough buttermilk so dough leaves side of bowl and forms a
ball.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead about 1 minute or until
smooth. Cover and let rise in warm place 10 minutes.

Heat oven to 375F. Grease outside of six 10-ounce custard cups. Place
cups upside down in ungreased jelly roll pan.  Divide dough into 6 equal
parts. Pat or roll each part into 7-inch circle. Shape dough circles over
outsides of custard cups. (Do not allow dough to curl under edges of cups.)

Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully lift bread bowls from
custard cups-custard cups and bread will be hot. Cool bread bowls upright on
wire rack.

Per serving: 362 Calories (kcal); 11g Total Fat; (27% calories from fat); 10g
Protein; 55g Carbohydrate; 5mg Cholesterol; 638mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat;
1/2 Other Carbohydrates

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0