Cinnamon Rolls

DASHLEYN@aol.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:53:50 EST
v100.n016.9
Cinnamon Roll Question

I have been making cinnamon rolls for several years. My family loves them.
The recipe I use calls for 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tsp. of cinnamon, and 2
tablespoons of melted butter.  I usually double this for a softer, gushier
inside.

Debbie Nance

...I think I have the bread dough recipe-part down O.K.... the recipe I use
always rises well, has good texture, and tastes good.  But it's the "innards"
I can't quite get right.  I would like to have the rolls turn out very moist,
almost juicy, and big and soft; mine seem to be somewhat dry and small.  Even
drizzling them with icing doesn't quite do the trick....The mixture I've been
trying (sprinkling it over the rolled out, 12" x 18" piece of dough) varies
from using about a cup of white sugar mixed with 1-2 Tablespoons of cinnamon,
to using a COMBINATION of white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.