Cinnamon Roll Recipe

Lori <lcrouch@freepcmail.com>
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:31:12 -0800 (PST)
v100.n013.24
This is in response to the request for wonderful cinnamon roll recipe.  We
really like this.

Lori

                      *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Cinnamon Swirl

Recipe By     : The Bread Machine Cookbook II, by Donna Rathmell German
Categories    : Breadmaker                       Breads
                 Breakfast                        Easy
                 Tried & True

                         SMALL LOAF  (1)
      5/8  cup           water
    1      tablespoon    butter or margarine
      1/3  cup           raisins
    1      tablespoon    sugar
      1/2  teaspoon      salt
    1 1/2  cups          bread flour
    1      teaspoon      yeast
                         --
                         Filling for Small Loaf:
    3      tablespoons   melted butter
    2      teaspoons     cinnamon
    2 1/2  tablespoons   brown sugar
    1 1/2  tablespoons   chopped walnuts
                         --
                         Glaze for Small Loaf:
      1/2  cup           powdered sugar
    1 1/2  teaspoons     milk
      1/8  teaspoon      vanilla
                         --
                         --
                         MEDIUM LOAF (1)
    2      tablespoons   chopped walnuts
                         --
                         Glaze for Medium Loaf:
      3/4  cup           powdered sugar
    2      teaspoons     milk
      1/8  teaspoon      vanilla
                         --
                         --
                         LARGE LOAF (2)
    1 1/8  cups          water
    2      tablespoons   butter or margarine
      2/3  cup           raisins
    2      tablespoons   sugar
    1      teaspoon      salt
    3      cups          bread flour
    2      teaspoons     yeast
                         --
                         Filling for Large Loaf:
    6      tablespoons   melted butter

Place ingredients in your breadmaker according to manufacturer's
suggestions.  Set machine to dough cycle (manual) and start.

Preheat oven to 350F.

FILLING:  Mix filling ingredients together.  Remove dough from machine and
roll into a rectangle.  Spread filling evenly on top.  Roll in a jelly-roll
fashion starting at the wide end.  Pinch seams closed.  Place on greased
baking sheet, cover and let rise about 30-45 minutes (if not otherwise
specified).  Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until
golden brown and bread makes a hollow sound when tapped.

GLAZE:  Mix glaze ingredients until desired consistency -- fairly
thick.  Pour over baked bread while still hot.

NOTES : I forgot to let the dough rise after rolling into a jelly-roll, but
it turned out great anyway.

Also, we added more milk to the glaze as it was rather dry.  Came out perfect.

I made the medium loaf but, because it was so good, I will make the large
one next time.

I've made this with AND without raisins.  Patrick prefers it WITH, and I
prefer it WITHOUT.