GE Advantium Oven

"Caron Rose" <crose@sbd.com>
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 07:57:48 -0500
v100.n013.22
 >From: Reggie Dwork <reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

 >Do any of you have this or some other brand??  This is one of the new
 >halogen light cooking method used in some new ovens.  (A whole chicken can
 >cook in approx 10 min.)  This particular oven is about as large as a
 >microwave and also has a microwave in it so you can use either method to
 >cook things.) If any of you use a system like this ... how does your breads
 >turn out??

Reggie,

Here in the DC area, they did a product test on one of the tv stations.
They said that the oven performed well for things like meats, veggies,
potatoes, etc.  But when it came to cakes and other baked goods, it
performed more like a microwave than an oven.  They advised that if you
want it for roasting  the above mentioned items, it's fine.  But if you
want something to bake cakes, cookies and breads, don't choose this oven. I
don't have personal experience, just passing on what I saw on TV.

Caron