English Muffins

RCox45@aol.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 06:12:37 EST
v100.n004.21
Jay and Stephanie asked for an English Muffin recipe.  This is for English
Muffin "Bread".  It's in loaf form, but the texture/ taste is there.  I see
no reason why you couldn't grease and "corn meal" your rings and put the
batter in those.  In case you're game to try, let me know ... I may need to
buy rings!

English Muffin Bread
(makes 2 loaves)

2 pkgs. yeast
5 cups flour
1/4 tsp  baking soda
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1/2 cup water

Grease 2 loaf pans and coat with yellow cornmeal.
Combine three (3) cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and soda in a mixing bowl.
Heat milk and water together until hot.  Add to dry ingredients and beat
well.  Stir in the rest of the four for a stiff batter.  Spoon into the 2
prepared loaf pans.  Cover and let raise 45 minutes in a warm place.  Bake at
400F for 25 minutes.  Cool and slice.

Cheryl Cox