Kitchen Aide vs. Cuisinart vs. Hand kneading

SloSherri@aol.com
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:19:13 EST
v099.n066.7
Frank writes:

 >what I should do to be more consistently successful with the KA.  I hope
 >they offer their responses, because I'm interested to hear them.  Right now
 >I use my KA for cakes and cookie mixes and making meringues.

Frank,

I have had a Kitchen Aide mixer for nearly 20 years (gads!  how can that be?!
  that would mean I'm getting ... old!), and I agree with you about the poor
quality of the KA's kneading process.  I quickly gave up on it after some
repeated failures, and have just kneaded my bread the old fashioned way for
years.  I never thought the Cuisinart would be up to the task, and anyway, I
LIKE kneading bread.  So, I agree with you in your analysis of the KA (I
thought you might need some support here!)  It is fine for cookies, cakes,
meringues, mashed potatoes, and any general (and long - to give it credit)
tasks.  But kneading bread?  If you don't mind beating the dough back into
the bowl repeatedly, I guess it's adequate!

Sherri