Request for 100% Whole Wheat Bread

"Greg and Heather Reseck" <greseck@rcia.com>
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 10:56:06 -0700
v099.n053.11
I am trying to master 100% whole wheat bread for ABM with my Zojurishi Q20.
The long preheat cycle prohibits a double knead like recommended in
Electric Bread.  So I resort to dough enhancers.  So far  I've had the best
results with 3-1/2 cups white whole wheat bread flour using: 1 1/2
tablespoons gluten flour, 2 tablespoons milk powder, 2 tablespoons granular
lecithin, 1 pinch vitamin C crystals, and 1 teaspoon diastatic malt.  In
addition I use 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons
Saf yeast,  1 1/2 cups warm water, and 1 tablespoon oil.

I have produced a few light loaves, but usually they are too squatty and
heavy.

Please share your tips and recipes for 100% whole wheat bread.  Any
suggestions for making it without milk powder?

Thank you!
Heather Reseck
Carnation, WA