Raisin-Rosemary Bread

Kejah@aol.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:34:17 EDT
v099.n053.10
    Jenny, here's a bread-machine recipe with rosemary.  This makes a 1 1/2
lb. loaf.  If you would like/prefer the 1-lb. loaf recipe, let me know.  It's
from "Sourdough Baking" by Susan Draudt.  She says that using fresh rosemary
is important.

Raisin-Rosemary Bread

1 cup sourdough starter
1/3 cup milk
3 T. butter or margarine
3 cups bread flour
3 T. coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2/3 cup raisins
1 1/2 T. sugar
1 2/2 t. salt
1 t. active dry yeast

    Add ingredients to the machine in the order suggested by the
manufacturer.  Use the Medium setting.  Let bread cool in the pan for 10
minutes before removing, and place bread on rack to cool completely.

    My grocery store carries a fairly good selection of fresh herbs.  Hope
yours does, too, or that you know someone who grows herbs indoors...!
    Kris