Sur La Table - CA bread classes

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 11:32:17 -0700
v099.n051.18
Foundations for Baking
Hands-On Skills and Techniques Class
with Carolyn Weil

Individual class: $70
Limited to 16 students
(Designed for students with little or no baking experience.  We have
created this hands-on series in response to customer requests for more
experience in basic baking skills.  Because of the amount of content, each
class session is three hours long. (Reggie: I have not put in the first 2
classes since they are not pertinent to bread baking.  They are Batters and
Frostings and Short Pastry Dough)

Session 3
Yeasted Dough
Skills and Techniques

Berekely, Feb 3, 2000, 10 - 1pm

Skills Taught: Proofing, mixing, kneading and shaping yeast doughs.
Shaping will include basic loaf, four-strand braiding, dinner rolls and pizza.

Equipment Used: KitchenAid mixer; pizza screen; pizza paddle; baking stone;
pastry cutter, sheet pans; bench knife.

Menu
Braided Challah
Egg Bread Sandwich Loaf
Dinner Rolls
Feta, Kalamata Olive and Three Cheese Pizza

Tools for the Cook: The Basic Baking Series
with Carolyn Weil

Individual class: $40

(Reggie: I have not put in the first 2 classes since they are not pertinent
to bread baking)

Session 3 Bread and Biscuit Dough

Berekely, Thurs, Sept 30, 6:30pm
San Francisco, Thurs, Oct 21, 6pm
Los Gatos, Mon, Nov 8, 6:30pm

Skills Taught: Mixing, rolling, and baking biscuit dough; proofing and
working with yeast; rolling pizza dough and focaccia dough; using a pizza
stone: shaping and baking bread dough; finishing pizza and focaccia; baking
pizza and focaccia.

Equipment Used: Pizza stone, rolling pin, parchment, electric stand mixer,
cookie sheets, pastry blender, biscuit cutter, chef's knife, pizza peel,
dough scraper, cheese grater, pizza cutter, pie server and spatula.

Menu
Buttermilk Biscuits and Sour Cherry Scones
Three Cheese and Herb Pizza
Rosemary Focaccia
Challah: An Egg Bread Braid
Cinnamon Raisin Loaf and Dinner Rolls Buttermilk
Herb Biscuits