Papaya Bread

J&A Braun <2brauns@bellsouth.net>
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:03:33 -0400
v099.n036.5
Does anyone have a recipe for papaya bread (preferably low-fat)?  I was
hoping for either a bread machine recipe or a "quick bread."  Any chance of
using dried papaya as fresh papaya is hard to come by here?   Thanks and
here is one recipe that I found for fresh papaya...

Papaya Bread

1 cup sugar
1 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups peeled, seeded, mashed papaya
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 eggs
3 tsp baking powder

Cream sugar and margarine together.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well
after each.  Stir in papaya and lemon.  Sift dry ingredients into a
separate container.  Add to papaya mixture and mix quickly, just until
moistened.  Bake in a 9 1/2" loaf pan on 350F for 1 hour and a half.

A friend actually gave it to me, so I don't know from where it originated.

Tks-ADB