Re: Dying Zojirushi?

BillyFish@aol.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:47:08 EDT
v099.n031.7
In a message dated 6/20/99 5:15:40 PM, BillyFish writes:
>My Zojirushi 15 is beginning to look like it is failing.  I think the the
>clutch is failing.  During knead1 it seemed to reach a point where kneading
>stopped.  It would turn twice, pause, turn three times more, pause and
>repeat the cycle until it turned in the opposite direction.  At first I
>though it was not kneading at all.
>
>Has anyone else had this problem?  Is it possible to get at the clutch
>for repair?  I personally do not think an expensive repair is worthwhile
>compared to getting a more modern machine.

I just contacted the customer service number at Zojirushi, 800-733-6270 about
the problem.  The person who helped me told me to remove the bottom plate.  I
did so and saw that the belt driving the machine had failed.  Spots had worn.
 Aparently when a good spot the belt turned the kneading bar, it rotated as
it should.  That is what gave me the two turn--three turn cycle.  I ordered a
new belt for about $10.  I mus also admit that I may have overloaded the
machine from time to time.  Even so, it has lasted over two years of hard
service.

This machine has performed very nicely over the years.  With the great
service provided, guess what my next machine is going to be?

Bill Buchman