RE: Digest bread-bakers.v099.n029

"J.J. Sommerville" <cuttlefish@mindspring.com>
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:11:27 -0400
v099.n030.14
> From: "Louise Norton" <lnorton@televar.com>
> Subject: Need recipe
> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:02:44 -0700
>

> Hello to all, have been lurking but need your help. I am looking for a
> recipe for a deep fat fried sweet bread..it is cut into
> rectangles and then
> the end is turned in to give it a twist..I think it might be Mexican  in
> origin but do not know..after cooking it is dusted with sugar...
> do any of you know what I am talking about..
> Thanks
> Louise

I know about bunelos (bones I think it means) which are pieces of tortillas
that are fried (or baked) and then you put cinnamon and sugar on them.

I don't know of anything else off hand, but if you find it, it sounds good!
The only other thing I think it could be would be sopapillas which are often
served with honey, confectioners sugar or cinnamon sugar.